Plate And Shell Heat Exchanger
- Reviews (0)
- Parameters of HFM Plate and Shell Heat Exchangers
Plate and Shell Heat Exchanger is designed as a performance upgrade over shell & tube heat exchanger and welded, brazed plate heat exchangers. This heat exchanger type supplies high thermal performance with compact size, similar to that of gasketed plate heat exchangers, with low hold-up volume and low installed weight, especially when filled. But it can be applied well when the operation condition is high temp and high pressure to which gasketed plate heat exchangers cannot be applied.
The heart of the Plate and Shell Heat Exchanger is its heat transfer element, also called the plate core/package, composed of round or oblong chevron-type plates welded into a cassette.
What are the advantages of Plate and Shell Heat Exchanger?
- High heat transfer & Low fouling
- Compact structure & No gasket
- High pressure & High temperature
- Small terminal temperature difference & Low pressure drop